Trainee Project Manager
Based in Scotland and working within the Plant Project Delivery team, the overall purpose of the role is to assist in the design, procurement, installation, construction and commissioning of existing and new build electricity substations and windfarms.
The post holder will work closely with Project managers to gain an understanding of the HV electrical industry.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the safe, efficient delivery of work to the highest possible construction standards.
- Assist with the delivery of Projects / Programmes of work to the highest standards of safety and quality within budget and on time.
- Contribute to the commercial success of projects ensuring profitable delivery of work at pre-calculated margins.
- Liaise with the Procurement and Contracts departments in respect of prices for materials and subcontracts.
- Assist with the management and performance of Plant staff to ensure optimum project delivery including the management of poor performance through defined procedures.
- Ensure effective communication with customers.
- Assist with the submission of claims for works done to maximise cash flows.
- Assist the Project Manager with the management of budgets and control of costs associated with the works location including timely delivery of financial and other progress data for the preparation of financial and other reports as directed by the Finance Department.
- Assist in the preparation of project progress reports for periodic review with Customers as directed by the Project Manager
- Assist with all HR related issues including disciplinary issues – at site level as required by the Project Manager.
It is essential that the jobholder is a commercially focused self-starter with the enthusiasm, motivation and initiative to succeed in this role. The jobholder must possess:
- 3rd level education in a relevant technical / engineering related discipline or alternatively substantial work experience from a relevant technical / engineering related discipline
- Good understanding and practical experience of MS Excel and / or MS Project.
- An understanding of safety and quality related issues.
- Understanding of budget management.
- Ability to plan works in a logical and efficient manner.
- Ability to manage and motivate industrial employees and sub contractors.
- Ability to put the customer at the centre of decision making.
- Meet targets in a commercial environment. Able to work to tight tender submission deadlines with minimum supervision and can demonstrate previous experience of working under pressure.
- Full driving licence and access to a form of transport to meet the job requirements.
- Keen to develop/grow within the Project Management role, taking on additional responsibilities and duties.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills combined with the analytical and problem solving skills to reach realistic workable solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also be able to work alone.
- 2 years minimum relevant work experience.
- An understanding of HV electrical systems.
This is a flexible based role with frequent travel to site and attendance at project progress meetings as required throughout Great Britain and Ireland.
Interested candidates should forward a CV to email@example.com and should clearly demonstrate how they meet the above criteria on their CV, as this information will be used for short-listing purposes.
Company website: www.powerteam.eu.com