Powerteam designs, supplies and constructs high voltage electrical infrastructure solutions for utility and private operators throughout Great Britain and Ireland.
Our scope of supply covers:
- Project Management
- Maintenance and
- Electrical consultancy
for both substations and overhead lines from LV (Low Voltage) to 400kV.
With an overriding emphasis on safety, high quality projects are delivered on time and within budget. Our project reference list covers many of the major electricity market players including Scottish and Southern Energy, Western Power Distribution, Central Networks and Electricity Supply Board. In the renewables market, Powerteam has undertaken projects for companies such as Renewable Energy Systems, SSE Renewables and DONG Energy. Projects delivered to private network owners include Digital Reality Trust, Multi Development, Northern Ireland Water, Michelin and the Quinn Group.
Key milestones in the growth and development of Powerteam include:
• 2001 to 02 – construction of the Moyle Interconnector 275kV Converter stations at Islandmagee (Northern Ireland) and Auchencrosh (Scotland).
• 2002 to 06 – framework contract awards by Electricity Supply Board (ESB) for refurbishment and construction of substations and medium voltage (10kV-20kV) overhead lines under their Network Renewal Programme.
• 2004 – construction of 33kV electrical infrastructure associated with Powerteam’s 1st windfarm project – Altahullion windfarm in Northern Ireland for Renewable Energy Systems.
• 2004 to 05 – construction of the largest 220kV substation in Ireland for ESB at Corduff, County Dublin, Ireland.
• 2006 to 11 – framework contract awards by Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE) for construction and refurbishment of 132kV and 33/11kV substations and LV ABC overhead line refurbishment in Scotland and southern England.
• 2009 – construction of Dromada 110/20kV contestable windfarm substation for SSE Renewables in County Limerick, Ireland.
• 2010 – construction of the on-shore 132kV substation for DONG Energy’s Walney Offshore Windfarm, Cumbria, England.
• 2011 – construction of Northern Ireland’s 1st 110kV windfarm substation and 1st 110kV contestable overhead line grid connection at Slieve Kirk for SSE Renewables.
• 2011 – award of 33kV electrical infrastructure contract for Renewable Energy System’s Kelburn windfarm in Ayrshire, Scotland – Powerteam’s 32nd windfarm project.
Headquartered in Belfast, Powerteam has established offices in Perth, Basingstoke, Omagh and Manchester to support its growing business.