Environmental quality systems
Powerteam is certificated to ISO 14001:2004 and is committed to protecting the environment including working with suppliers and contractors to reduce environmental impact and carbon footprint, whilst increasing recycling and waste management.
Managing the environmental impact of our activities is an essential part of our everyday business and we are committed to a programme of environmental improvement. We meet the current requirements and future European Directives aimed at the ‘Polluter Pays’ principle.
The activities we undertake in the UK and Republic of Ireland are in line with customer requirements and environmental legislation. We anticipate greater emphasis on the ‘Polluter Pays’ principle and we are continually refining our processes to ensure full compliance.
The objectives in our environmental strategy are:
- Full compliance with legislative requirements
- Manage the environmental risks associated with contractual commitments (e.g. land contamination, energy efficiency, visual, resources and waste management)
- Improve environmental performance whilst minimising expenditure.
Powerteam’s strategy for the management of environmental issues is based upon:
- Monitoring the legislative requirements and ensure conformance within the relevant jurisdiction
- Meeting the environmental policies as agreed with our customers for contracted work
- Continued improvement through joint initiatives with our customers.
Significant environmental impacts
Powerteam recognises that in the course of our business activities we need to identify any significant environmental impacts in conjunction with customer environmental policies.
Together with our customers, Powerteam monitors compliance with all agreed environmental policies and ensure any non-conformances are addressed immediately. Documentation for recording performance is in line with project management procedures, agreed with the customer, through which, corrective actions are identified and addressed.
Powerteam continues to target in conjunction with our customers the following areas:
- Land Contamination – ensure all sites, provided by our customers, are in a condition suitable for the intended use and appropriate measures are taken to prevent contamination
- Energy efficiency – promote efficient use of energy
- Visual – minimise our impact on the natural and man-made environment
- Resources – target to reduce usage of resources throughout our company activities
- Waste – ensure accurate recording and segregation of all waste disposed
- Communication – ensure effective internal and external communication in our company
- Environmental champions appointed across our organisation
- Encourage staff and suppliers to recycle waste wherever possible.