Service through partnership
Powerteam has over 50 years experience constructing, refurbishing and maintaining overhead lines for power utilities in GB and Ireland ranging from work on LV to 400kV networks.
Powerteam has acquired an exceptional understanding in running major overhead line refurbishment and construction programmes for utility customers such as SSE and ESB.
Powerteam is well experienced to undertake overhead line refurbishment and construction from LV Ariel Bundled Conductor (ABC) replacement through 33kV (38kV), 132kV (110kV) to 275kV lines. At the higher voltage levels, Powerteam has particular expertise in the construction of trident, portal and lattice tower lines.
Overhead Line Services include:
- Full turnkey capability
- Project management
- Tower and woodpole survey and design
- Material procurement
- Civil engineering, tower bases
- Construction of new overhead lines
- Refurbishment and maintenance of existing overhead lines
- Provision of Catenary Support System together with traditional netted systems
- Condition assessment
- Site health and safety management
- Principal Contractor under CDM (Construction Design Management) Regulations 2007 and Irish equivalent PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction stage)
- Supply and management of asset register systems
- Outage management.
Powerteam’s employees are highly skilled and experienced in the construction and refurbishment of networks from LV to 11kV, 20kV and 33kV.
Powerteam is experienced in constructing transmission lines from 132kV to 400kV, including trident, double portal and tower systems, with particular expertise in diverting lines around substation schemes.
Safety is our business
Powerteam manages all our projects in accordance with the most demanding health and safety procedures. Our project managers are highly trained to comply with best practice in providing a safe environment for our customers, the public and our employees. Powerteam has extensive experience of managing contractors and employees on refurbishment programmes. Project specific method statements and risk assessments are developed and agreed with our clients prior to work commencing. In August 2006 we attained OSHAS 18001 accreditation – one of the few high voltage electrical contractors to do so.
Case studies (pdf)
- Western Power Distribution – Hayle 132kV Overhead Lines Refurbishment
- ESB – Transmission Overhead Lines Refurbishment Framework Contract
- SSE - LV Overhead Line Refurbishment