Harnessing the potential of the Environment
With our knowledge of electricity transmission and distribution systems, Powerteam can design the most beneficial high voltage electrical solutions to minimise costs and systems losses for your windfarm, biomass plant or other renewable generator. We have wide-ranging expertise in site electrical infrastructure, overhead lines and substation connections in the GB and Ireland renewables markets.
Renewable electrical HV services
Powerteam offers the following services to renewable developers:
- Design, procurement and installation of HV systems and equipment, including:
- Transformers and switchgear
- Control and protection systems
- LV and HV Cables
- Design and construction of overhead line and substation connections
- Route selection and design of overhead line systems
- Grid code compliance
- Transformer in-rush study
- Client Engineer role on connection applications
- Project management of electrical works
- Civil engineering works
- Electrical testing and commissioning
- LV and HV cable fault location and repair
- Fault level and protection grading studies
- Control and operation of renewable assets
- Structured maintenance agreements (1,2 and 3 year)
- 24/7 Emergency response agreements
- CDM (Construction Design Management) Principal Contractor project management role and Irish equivalent PSDC/PSCS – Principal Contractor Design/Construction stage
- Site health and safety management
Making the connection
With our understanding of grid codes and HV interface requirements, we are able to guide developers and contractors through the grid connection process. We provide a client engineer facility, which will enable you to access, our expertise in distribution and transmission connections from 11kV to 132kV in GB and 10kV to 110kV in Ireland.
We will survey the proposed overhead line route, design the overhead system according to the specifications set by your local electricity company, construct and connect the overhead line to the electricity network. Similarly, we design, procure, construct and commission associated substations connecting the site infrastructure to the local electricity network.
Electrical site infrastructure
Powerteam will select cable and HV equipment to maximise efficiencies across your HV electrical system, including supplying HV equipment, which has been specifically designed to meet the often-harsh operating demands of such applications. We will complete fault protection grading studies, control and protection design and full electrical commissioning.
Control, operation and maintenance
As a result of our experience with the on-going requirements of various HV installations, we are well placed to fully advise on all control, operation and maintenance issues. We can tailor a maintenance solution to meet your needs and to minimise valuable generation outage time. Our engineers, product specialists and technicians can be made available on an emergency response basis and our procurement specialists can access critical components in short lead times.
Safety is our business
Powerteam manages all our projects in accordance with the most demanding health and safety procedures. Our project managers are highly trained to comply with best practice in providing a safe environment for our customers, the public and our employees. We have extensive experience of managing contractors and employees on refurbishment programmes. Project specific method statements and risk assessments are developed and agreed with our clients prior to work commencing. In August 2006 we attained OSHAS 18001 accreditation – one of the few high voltage electrical contractors to do so.